Hostname problem

While installing Linux I setup the hostname as abc.org
and I setup the server name in the httpd.conf file also the same.
However when I try to start the page with abc.org it gives me the squid
error message that the url cud not be found. (I have squid also running
as proxy on the same system).... and squid signs is it off as
abc.org.org... now on keying in abc.org.org the index page comes on.
checked pu the /etc/hosts file it contains abc.org...
How can i restore the name to abc.org and not abc.org.org?

Goldwyn :o)