Re: apache subdirectories

Don't know if this mail will reach the list or not(an hotmail account is banned i heard!!)

to map the ip address to a domain name u can edit the \winnt\drivers\etc\hosts file -- In case using winnt
or \windows\hosts file  -- For win 9x

ping does work for the ping a.b.com then

Goldwyn inside ur virtual host settin gin the httpd.conf try setting the server name to some value like... lnx.somedomain.com
and inside the windows client machine make an entry in the host file as

<ip address> lnx.somedomain.com

now try directing ur browser to lnx.somedomain.com
and then try lnx.somedomain.com/test/index.html(make sure u have the index.html in /var/www/html/test directory!!)

use it in dns because windows clientx doesnt understand the
hostname
because
try
ping 192.192.192.2 it will prompt but