Re: Monitor specs

>   Also, can I get some help for determing on what HSync. and VSync is the
> monitor configured on which the current installation is running X .. I hope,
> I'm not clear .. I need to know the frequencies, since, its running at this
> time with the current installation .. if I reinstall/move to a differnt
> distro, I'd need them to run  X again ..

do you have a windows installation disk for the monitor ?? The .inf file
contains everything you need to know. It's quite interesting. Just read the
entries directly and it will tell you acceptible resolutions, HSync rates
it's capable of at those resolutions etc. I wrote a perl script years ago
to read all the monitor?.inf files in c:\windows\inf and present users with
a menu of monitor manufacturers, models etc, and then give them the
appropriate info. from the file. Wish i had it now.

--nikk