Re: how to create more than 32000 subdirectory

Hi Sanjay,

    sanjay> Hi Can anyone tell me how can I create more than 32000
    sanjay> subdirectory.  I have linux 6.0 (2.2.5-15smp) and there
    sanjay> are 32000 subdirectory in a particular directory and when
    sanjay> I try to make a new subdirectory I get following error:

    sanjay> mkdir: cannot make directory `1': Too many links

I think it is an ext2 filesystem limitation.  Look at Reiserfs, maybe?

Loki.

--
Cricket scoreboard for linux
For more info, visit http://scoreboard.sourceforge.net