Re: Full Screen free easy to install "Video CD Player"

Hi Vivek,

    Vivek> I downloaded kmpeg, xine, enjoympeg, gmpeg, Mpegorion,
    Vivek> mpg123, and MTV, only MTV is working that also not in full
    Vivek> screen mode and after 15 seconds audio goes off saying
    Vivek> "purchase the full version" is there any free, full screen,
    Vivek> full audio support easy to run Video CD Player for red hat
    Vivek> 6.2.

Full screen mode depends greatly on your video card and how it is
supported in X.  There is a Xv video scaling thing that is supported
for only some cards.  Which video card do you have?  Also, it would be
better if you switch to XFree-4.0.x (which is there in Redhat 7.0 and
7.1).

In my experience, most players that you mention are based on smpeg
library, which does not handles bad/damaged video cds and mpg files.
The best program which handles it is mplayer, available at:
http://thot.banki.hu/esp-team/MPlayer.html

This program is command line, and is controlled only by keyboard, but
is very fast, can show full screen, and handles damaged mpeg files
very well.

Loki.

--
Cricket scoreboard for linux