Re: win95 <---> Linux over null modem ???

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 12:45:35PM +0530, Raju Mathur wrote:
> Ah, there speaks a post-BBS computer user :)

Yeah :)

> Z-Modem works pretty well on any type of serial connection.  AFAIR
> Winduhs SomethingTerminal support Z-Modem, and in Linux Minicom and
> Seyon support it too.  All you need to do is get a crossover serial
> cable (just three pins should also be fine if you use software flow
> control), run the appropriate software on each system and select
> ``Send'' on Winduhs and ``Receive'' on Linux.  Maybe you don't even
> need to select Receive, many programs start Z-Modem downloads
> automatically when they receive the Z-Modem protocol initiate string.

Exactly what I need. Zmodem rocked - especially over the 2400 baud shell
accounts VSNL used to give poor students like me. Of course then we did bad
things like running slipknot (lynx had the old editor hole open for a long
time), and another TCP/IP emulastor called 'shellsock'. ;)

> Cable details are available at http://www.hardwarebook.net/ (have a

Awesome site : wonder where it has been all my life ???

thanks raju.

nikk

PS. guilty /me remembers promising to pay Rs. 500 towards the Linux Delhi
registration a very very long ago - and then running away to Calicut to do
my MBA . Who paid
on my behalf - so that I may finally compensate him (with interest of
course ;))