Re: win95 <---> Linux over null modem ???

Ah, there speaks a post-BBS computer user :)

Z-Modem works pretty well on any type of serial connection.  AFAIR
Winduhs SomethingTerminal support Z-Modem, and in Linux Minicom and
Seyon support it too.  All you need to do is get a crossover serial
cable (just three pins should also be fine if you use software flow
control), run the appropriate software on each system and select
``Send'' on Winduhs and ``Receive'' on Linux.  Maybe you don't even
need to select Receive, many programs start Z-Modem downloads
automatically when they receive the Z-Modem protocol initiate string.

Cable details are available at http://www.hardwarebook.net/ (have a
look at the site even if you don't want to make a serial cable: it's
one of the best resources on the 'net for any hardware- and
connector-related information).

Regards,

-- Raju

--