Re: GRUB

"Jasmeet S. Virdi" wrote:

> folks,
>         i use lilo and NT loader currently to boot into linux and NT
> (basically lilo for linux or nt, then NT for nt or 98)
> i have tried using XOSL, it works fine, but now i want 2 try out something
> new...
> i heard about GRUB, i went thru the docs.
> the only prob is that they sounded to technical ..
> i have first 30 MB Linux, 2 GB FAT, 2 GB Linux, rest FAT... (tot 18 GB)
> how do i go about installing grub is my query, please let me know in simple
> terms if u can ..
> -js

I use GRUB to boot my WIN95 and Linux and really like it. It is quite
like LILO except that you can have your kernel reside anywhere in your
system without having to worry about  1024 cyl restriction. Check out
more details at
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub.html

There is a very nice article about GRUB in May issue of Linux Journal.

Regards,
Nishi