[bytesforall] Calling all open source developers on the Bytesforall list!

for the linux lists?
Arun
________

Dear Readers,

This is an interesting notice from John West, a good supporter of
Bytes for All. Last time when we met each other in Oxford we
discussed about the possibilities of creating a network of open source
software developers. I understand that there can be a number of
similar groups/people into our list who are actively involved in
developing open source software or in networking these. Here goes an
open call from John West, a leading computer technologist-journalist
based in Massachusetts, who wants to develop a network of such
initiatives. Interested people can contact him directly.

Partha/Bytes for All

Calling all open source developers on the Bytesforall list!

<http://www.worldgeeks.org>http://www.worldgeeks.org is a website under
development to promote
open  source software for use in developing country situations. We
are launching at the end of May and are looking for software and other
material like  articles, links and case studies. If you are an open
source developer, do you have any software you would like to post on
the site, or links to software, pages and articles of relevance? If
so, please email them to me, John West at salaahuddeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For a full FAQ, go to our development site:
<http://worldgeeks.sourceforge.net.>http://worldgeeks.sourceforge.net.

We will launch with three main elements:

1) A library of open source software where developers who have
completed  software can post links to their code, comment on it, and
have it peer  reviewed.

2) A Slashdot.org style contributed news service on open source
developments of particular interest to developing countries.

3) A Yahoo-style searchable listings service specialized in links for
software development in less developed countries.

John West
175 Beacon Street
Apartment 209
Somerville, MA 02142