Re: [Re: Re: [solaris on intel platform]]

Dear Yashpal,

About Xwindow if Ur installing Solaris 8 the no problem's it has inbuilt
xwindow's setup ...but U have to make sure U have proper device....

Okay i am in R.K Puram ....but the thing is i won't be available for two
days....i mean till monday.....and about the CD'S  i have original CD'S of
SOLARIS'S 8 ..but give me some time to to make copy..... !!

Rgds
Jai Kumar Shinde

"Yashpal  Nagar" <nagar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Jai,
  what about Xwindow system in solaris, working kya?
and how much sawp space have u allocated ?
Also where this CD can be available around delhi ,mine office is at Hauz khas
or is it convenient for you to give it for one day.
Thanks for reply.

Regards,

Yash

jai shinde <jai_shinde@xxxxxxx> Wrote---
Dear Yashpal

Hi=20

i have installed solaris 8 on intel platfrom...preformance is okay...but not
so good as compared to linux .. my system has 128 mb RAM...=20

Installation is not easy ... if U don't have proper devices....

second after installing the solaris machine ...and now U want to be online u
have to give standard ifconfig command,plus to connect to internet U have to
use route add command for gateway addition...

rest install it ...=20

i am trying to install linux and solaris in one machine....

Rgds
Jai Kumar Shinde

"Yashpal  Nagar" <nagar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi !
   list, can some give me the feedback of sun solaris on intel platform,
performance & reliability and any thing u want to share with this.
have any guy tried it out???

Regards,

Yash

Yashpal N. Gurjar