Re: [solaris on intel platform]

Dear Yashpal

Hi

i have installed solaris 8 on intel platfrom...preformance is okay...but not
so good as compared to linux .. my system has 128 mb RAM...

Installation is not easy ... if U don't have proper devices....

second after installing the solaris machine ...and now U want to be online u
have to give standard ifconfig command,plus to connect to internet U have to
use route add command for gateway addition...

rest install it ...

i am trying to install linux and solaris in one machine....

Rgds
Jai Kumar Shinde

"Yashpal  Nagar" <nagar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi !
   list, can some give me the feedback of sun solaris on intel platform,
performance & reliability and any thing u want to share with this.
have any guy tried it out???

Regards,

Yash

Yashpal N. Gurjar