Re: Linux detergent

Hi jay,

    >> A German supermarket is selling a detergent under the name
    >> "Linux".  This will surely help make Linux a household name.

    jay> just wondering - is that allowed ? I thought Linux was a
    jay> trademark registered to Linus.

It seems it is.  As long as consumers cannot possibly confuse between
"Linux the kernel" and "Linux the detergent", it is legally allowed.

If the supermarket starts saying something like "Linux will clean your
dishes and windows"... maybe M$ will get angry saying that now it is
confusing consumers... and maybe then there will be a problem.

But until then, we'll have a party :)

--Loki

--
When we get back, I'll drop a line -- The Doors.