Re: Solution for Apache - 403 Forbidden Error

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 09:43:52AM +0530, Vivek Khare wrote:
> You have used linuxconf to configure Apache that's why this error
> is generated. Now you open /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> And look for the entry <Files ~> replace this entry with <Files ~ "^.\ht">
> and you won't get 403 Forbidden Error.
>
> But if you use linuxconf again this error will come again, because of some
> bug in Linuxconf.
>
> Enjoy the solution
> Vivek Khare

Well I did not use linuxconf to configure Apache, and the Files directive is set correctly. However, the permissios for the user's homedir where set to 700, changing these to 711 solved the problem, as suggested by Raju.

Thanx anyway :-)

--
Cheerio!

-- Vipul Mathur