Solution for Apache - 403 Forbidden Error

Hi,

You have used linuxconf to configure Apache that's why this error is generated. Now you open /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
And look for the entry <Files ~> replace this entry with <Files ~ "^.\ht"> and you won't get 403 Forbidden Error.

But if you use linuxconf again this error will come again, because of some bug in Linuxconf.

Enjoy the solution
Vivek Khare
PS: In my case this solution has worked for 13 -14 times, hope it will solve your problem too