Re: Lilo lost!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sayantan Sur" <zubin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I installed Linux yesterday on my windows PC. I have two partitions, one
primary partition(c: 3 GB) and one extended one (d: 3GB) I chose the
workstation class install. But while installing, disk druid showed my d:
drive as hdc5. Shouldn't it be hda1 ?

Extended partitions are numbered beginning from 5.

> After installing Linux, I installed LILO on a floppy. But immediately
after the installation, on restarting my computer I found that my floppy had
gone corrupt. I am not able to start Linux now, although windows is running
fine. Plz help me to start linux.

I suspect you are looking for a sequence of steps.  Will leave this to
someone who has your distribution installed.

Regards
--
Sanjeev "ghane" Gupta
Brainbench Linux MVP