Re: problem in running q3a on RHL6.0

Hi Nikhil,

Fortunately for you, the 3d stuff works quite well on an TNT card
under linux.  You need to download the kernel and GLX files from:
http://www.nvidia.com/Products/Drivers.nsf/Linux.html
This page contains instructions on how to install the driver.
While installing quake, make sure that you do not install any 3d
drivers that come with the game.

After this, you will get a frame rate that is 1-2 % slower than win98
and 2-3 % better than win2000 (That's what I read in reviews, my
resolution isn't that minute :P )

Note: you will find that Mouse remains somewhat sluggish even though
 frame rate gets fine.  For fixing that you have 2 options.

1. Add the following two lines to the "mouse" section of XF86Config
   file.

        Option          "SampleRate"            "200"
        Option          "Resolution"            "2000"

2. If the above works, then it's OK.  Otherwise you need to upgrade to
   XFree86 4.0.2 which contains important fixes for mouse DGA mode.

Bye,
Lokesh.

--
Cricket scoreboard for linux