problem in running q3a on RHL6.0

Hello everyone

I'm an avid gamer and a huge q3 fan!! I've a PIII(500)+64mb+AsusRivaTNT(16mb). Q3A runs fine under Win9x, giving an avg fps of about 25 under 800x600x16. In Linux, the installation of Q3ADemo went ok, but it CRAWLED when I tried to run it under X. The mouse responsiveness was very bad - with a 2-3sec lag b/w mouse / on-screen. not playable at all. Didn't work at all in non-X .i.e regular console mode. I think I have'nt setup my 3d card ok or maybe not installed the GL lib or something. I had setup my display and card using Xconfigurator. Also tried being nice -20 to it but that did'nt work either. can ne1 tell me wat 2 do 2 make it work??

Nikhil