Re: about proxy server

> Transparent proxying with squid is IMHO the way to go. Read squid
documentation for details. Remember, if you setup *transparent* proxying,
you will not need to configure each and every program on the client to use
the proxy, just specifying the default gateway in Winduhs Netword
configuration will do the trick.

another big advantage with transparent proxying when u r using nat is that
no matter what anyone tries to do, no1 will be able to escape the proxy
unless they use an external proxy server! I hav seen that just by
implementing aggressive caching and banner ad blocking, my bandwidth
requrement comes down by 50-60% normally!

Bye,