Re: Font Installation

Hi Goldwyn,

The xfs server shipped with Redhat has support for ttf fonts (I'm not
sure about other distributiions).  To use your windows fonts in linux, do
this:

1. mount the windows partition (say to /dosc/)
2. mkdir /usr/local/ttffonts
3. cp /dosc/windows/fonts/*.ttf /usr/local/ttffonts
4. cp /dosc/windows/fonts/*.TTF /usr/local/ttffonts

5. The font files can only be in lower case, so use this script.

   cd /usr/local/ttffonts

   ls * | while read f;   do
    if [ -f $f ];
   then   if [ "$f" != "`echo \"$f\" | tr A-Z a-z`" ];
   then mv -iv "$f" "`echo \"$f\" | tr A-Z a-z`";  fi; fi;   done

6. ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale
7. mkfontdir
8. You will now have 2 files, fonts.scale and fonts.dir in
   /usr/local/ttffonts, verify that you have them.
9. vi /etc/X11/fs/config, and add the path /usr/local/ttffonts to the
   list of paths there.
10. /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs restart

You should now be able to see your fonts in the 'gfontsel' program
(the windings font can be most easily recognized).

Do tell me if it works,
Lokesh.

--
Cricket scoreboard for linux