Re: the disclaimer (was Re: sexist group?)

Hiya

On a lighter note, maybe you could replace the disclaimer with a more "entertaining" one like:

... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer,
my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.  Any
resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.  The
question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them
is left as an exercise for the reader.  The question of the existence of
the reader is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.  (A
discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism is beyond the scope
of this article.)

;-)

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 02:54:16PM -0500, Neil wrote:
> > There are many reasons:
> > 1.  Each post of yours is adding a sizeable amount of traffic
> > 2.  The disclaimer does not add any value to the message.
> > 3.  The disclaimer is meaningless on messages sent to a mailing list.
> many reasons none of which is as important as ... most on this list dont
> want that disclaimer... mebbe for the above reasons or for their own
> personal reasons and that itself should me a necessary and sufficient
> reason. if u wanna be a part of a community... uve gotta learn eticate.
> becides... we are not asking u to buy us free lunch. just get a hold of
> another email address and use that when on the list. dont be a
> hardass.. there are lots on the list who can make u pay.<myself excluded>
> <grinning>.

Cheerio!

-- Vipul Mathur
  <vipul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  (O,O)    http://www.vipulonline.com/
    <vipul@xxxxxxxxxx>     (   )  The Geek shall inherit the Earth

One good reason why computers can do more work than people is that they
never have to stop and answer the phone.