Enter char displayed as Box at end of each line

Dear All,

I am having a problem when i transfer some text files
from linux to windows. When i open some text files in
notepad, I get black box as some funny character at
the end of each line. I guess there is some problem
with the Enter translation. Is there any solution so
that the CR/LF translation happens correctly. I am
using samba to copy files from linux to windows and
vice versa.

Lokesh