Re: Dial Up Internet

Dear Chandresh in the shell mode there is a rpm called wvdial install it
and rename wvdial.default to wvdial.conf. Change the username and
password entry in this file to your dial up user name and password. run
wvdial and it works.
In KDE under KDE Panel-Internet you have KPPP Dialup Configurator and
PPP Dialer , first one can be used to configure the modem (to do it just
plug the modem and run the program) and the second one is to configure
your dialup connection (it makes the entry in wvdial.conf file - Great
!) and to run it.
Once you dial and listen to High Pitch Hand Shake sound then the sound
goes down and you are connected. Now the big question is how to check
whether you are connected or not, just see the window (with title ppp0)
and you can see the connection speed in graphical mode.
Thats all I can tell now if it doesn't work tell me I will work more.

Vivek Khare