Re: Mandrake

Hi,
> I am planning to install mandrake , i understand its easy on newbies. I
> just downloaded the 7.2 ISO , is that version ok ? are there any issues i
> need to know before i start installing . I plan to do it under vmware .
the version is ok, and is the latest non beta version. The most imp issue
that u need to know is that though mandrake claim to be 99% rh compatible,
it is not so rh compatible. This can cause problems if u r used to rh and
then switch to mandrake. Also make sure that you don't select the paranoid
security mode under mandrake. It is only for the paranoid!!! Under vmware, u
might hav problems with the x display, otherwise everything else is smooth.

Bye,