Re: linux o/s

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sanjeev Gupta" <ghane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: [linux-delhi] linux o/s

> > On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 03:08:52PM +0530, sankarbhat wrote:
> > >we are having a 486 system with 8 mb ram & six dumb terminals. NO
CD-ROM
> > >drive.
> > >
> > >Can anybody help me to put suiable linux in this and run with
terminals.

> One question; suitable for what?  What application do tyou want to run?
one word processor and one spreadsheet program would have been sufficient.

> You may be able to run a Linux distribution, with SCO binaries that you >
have.
all floppies containing the SCO UNIT AND other application got damaged and
could not load anything.

> Do you have a network card on the machine?  If no, can you install a CD
> drive for a few hours?  If no, is there a modem you could connect, to dial
> into an ISP?
> NETWORK CARD IS AVAILABLE. we are having six dumb terminals.  no support
for CD-ROM drive and not possible to connect to inernet.

> I would really, really, not recommend a floppy-only install.
i found some small linux distribution which i downloaded with the help of
another machine.  but could not load the same in the old machine.
shall be grateful for any help.  actually i want to try linux in our old
machine as i like to try linux now.