linux o/s

we are having a 486 system with 8 mb ram & six dumb terminals. NO CD-ROM
drive.
We had SCO UNIX with wordperfect and lotus in this.  Some time back the
system (hard
disk) crashed. All floppies containing the original UNIX and other
applications are found damaged. Now we start it with the help of a DOS start
floppy (Command.com) and  running Wordstar with a floppy containing WS.

While searching Internet, (from other machine) single floopy linux was
found
and downloaded. But unable to load it in the above system.

Can anybody help me to put suiable linux in this and run with terminals.

sankar bhat