Re: intersting info

Hello Manish, Harshal and others,

All this is really old news.  The 49 day bug is known since 3 years
and is supposedly fixed now (who runs a win95 machine for even a
day anyway?).

Regarding Hotmail, Microsoft HAD to move it to IIS/2000 because they
could'nt run it on a competitor product.  However, by doing it, they
have made hotmail slow as crap.  I'm glad I ducked out at the right
time.

It's really funny to see the great lenghts M$ can go to avoid
competitor products.  They just make one of their own.  MS Exchange
was first used by Microsoft at their own site, and it crashed so much,
their employees starting taking it as an excuse to not having recieved
emails.  And some time back, Microsoft announced a News Server, and
with a hype that it was a great invention.  Probably MS never heard of
INN, huh? But, unfortunately, hype can do a lot.  Hype can make
managers buy crappy stuff.  This is what MS has being doing for so
long.  Ironically, their best product ever (windows 2000) isn't doing
so well.  Heard of the old story?  Tell lies 100 times, then even a
truth will be taken as a lie ;-)

Also, IBM is to linux rescue.  Apart from a $1 Billion promise on
Linux, it is heavily advertising it too.  Check this out:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/linux/passport.swf

Bye,
Lokesh.

--