From: Sandip Bhattacharya <sandipb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [linux-delhi] two good poems
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 00:10:11 +0530

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 01:19:29PM +0530, Ambar Roy merrily said:
> > Bah, Java sucks, use Embperl (perl.apache.org)
> not when u r doing web serving. Java rocks!!!

I second Ambar on that. While is seriously doubt Java for GUI/frontend
applications right now, it is definitely the best bet for serious
server-side applications. Perl/PHP (even though I have a soft corner
for these) just don't lend themselves very well to OO designs, and
C/C++ is just too risky. Anyway, the CGI process model has been thrown
right out of the window nowadays.
Of course for a quick hack, Perl/PHP still rocks!!! Java has too much
overhead for such stuff.

Regards,
 Sandip