Problem with samba configuration

Hello friends,

I am running Linux with Windows enviornment and I have a backup system
running for my windows enviornment i.e. Tape back up from n/w drive. I want
to share Linux drive as well and wanna take backup on same tape from same
device.

I have loaded Samba with smbfs, now I am able to see my linux server in N/W
neighbourhood but when I click on that it asks for username & password, when
I am giving any linux username and password (including root) I am getting
error message "The account is not authorised to ligin from this station"

Pls suggest.

Thanks in advance
ajay