RE: Linux program to determine CPU burst time

Try following
__PROFILER__
add flag -pg while compiling

in the Makefile
(and then doing a 'make clean; make' and running the program)
will allow you to get profiler information using the command

gprof {your application name}

when the program compiled with the -pg flag runs, it creates a file
gmon.out
with profile information in it.

man gprof
will give you a lot of information about how to use the program

try this and let me know if it worked

Pawan Sangwan