Re: Net-access thru root account

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 10:23:32PM -0800, Siddharth Seth wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I always access the net thru my root account despite
>learning that there r some security issues involved.
>Its better to be hacked and be sorry than safe ;)
---end quoted text---
well alot can go wrong
like if u run services like icq or napster
then u culd give em root access to all the
things in the box

ED IS THE TRUE PATH TO NIRVANA!  ED HAS BEEN THE CHOICE OF EDUCATED
AND IGNORANT ALIKE FOR CENTURIES!  ED WILL NOT CORRUPT YOUR PRECIOUS
BODILY FLUIDS!!  ED IS THE STANDARD TEXT EDITOR!  ED MAKES THE SUN
SHINE AND THE BIRDS SING AND THE GRASS GREEN!!

Pankaj Kaushal <pankaj@xxxxxxx>
I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)