Re: IPCHAINS Implementation

Dear Amber,

Thanks for writing back.  I have got the concept very clear now and for
others here are some clear cut examples that I had come across in
squid.conf

acl blockedsites url_regex "/etc/squid/block.txt"
acl unblockedsites url_regex "/etc/squid/unblock.txt"
http_access deny blockedsites
http_access allow unblockedsites all

in /etc/squid/block.txt give one site per line and same as in the
unblock.txt file

acl workinghours time M-F 8:00-18:00
# defining the working hours

acl sexsitez url_regex //[^/]*sex
# any url which has "sex" in the host part

acl eviluser user abcde
# block employee who is always surfing instead of work...

# don't forget to set ident_lookup on earlier in the config file
acl blockedsitez src 207.68.0.0/255.255.0.0
acl myfriend src 207.68.222.222/255.255.255.255

# there is a range of sites which is blocked from the cache,
# but in this range we have a friend, who is not

To build up the rules.

http_access deny sexsitez workinghours
#sex sites in working hours

http_access deny blockedsitez !myfriend
#the blocked range of sites. Only exception is our friend

This should make things more clear.  Rest do R&D yourself.

With Regards

George Joseph T