DNS Problems

Hi! all,

i am facing some problems in configuring dns, please answer the following queries....

i am setting dns on a lan of around 60 machines with no internet
connectivity using 1 machine as web as well as dns server,
i want to name that machine ime.edu, i created necessary files using
h2n utility but the problem is of root servers, since there is is no net connectivity i will have to configure my own root server,

how do i configure the root server?
is it possible to use the same machine as root server?
which file will contain a ns entry pointing to my domain ie ime.edu?
can root server be made to run on localhost?

please help
chetan