Xserver config

I am using linux manrake 7.1.
I chose to start X server by default during bootup.

How can I turn off this options now?

Xwindows has suddenly started taking a long time to boot up after I
installed a network card on the machine.
I also made changes to hostname and ip addresses using netconf. Could these
things be causing the Xserver to become slow.

Also, I couldn't find the file '/var/log/XFree86.0.log' on my  machine. any
other place to look for Xserver log?

One good news, I've got the network up and running with two linux machines
and a windows machine connected to internet using an ISDN router!!
With no prior networking experince, I think this was a good achievement.

Thanks everyone.
Vivek