Re: Cannot use dual boot in 20 GB HDD

Dear Mr. Rodrigues,
    I have a Cyrix MII-233 MHz machine and recently added a 20 GB HDD to the
existing 4GB one.

    Unfortunately, the bios recognised the 20GB HDD as an 8GB one and hence I
made a primary partition of 4 GB and installed windoze on that.  When I booted
with RedHat 6.2 CD, the system recognised the other partition as 16 GB and I
made /, /usr, /home and swa partitions and installed Linux on the same and the
dual booting works perfectly without any problem.  Later on I upgrded it with
RedHat 7.0 and it works fine again.

    I do not agree with you that Linux is not user-friendly.  With the Xwindows
and GUI like KDE and gnome it is as userfriendly as windoze and my six year old
son loves to play the games that comes with RedHat linux.

With regards,
G. Palaniappan
Senior General Manager
VSNL