probs with KDE Mimes

Dear KDE users,
Help me out on this one -
How do I define the default application for a certain mime type.
Whenever I click on a *.html file the K File Manager displays it in its own
window. I don't want that to happen. I want to open it through Netscape.
I've tried editing the kdelnk files in /usr/share/mimelnk and
~/.kde/share/mimelnk but nothing works. Even if I add DefaultApp=netscape then
also Kfm opens html files within it. I've tried creating new mime types on the
desktop(through right-click->new->mime type) but in that you cannot specify the
default apps other than the K apps.
What should I do?
thanx in advance.
Saurabh Nanda.