ISDN Connection problems

Hi

I manage a RH6.2 box connected to the Internet through a Ace 128K ISDN TA.
I've setup the whole thing and the connection works fine once it is
established, but connecting is a big problem.

wvdial dial's VSNL's number, connects and starts pppd immediately, but 8
times out of ten, the connection times out before authentication.
/var/log/messages reports a "LCP timeout sending configuration settings.."

Can anybody help me out here??

thanx in advance

Cheerio!

-- Vipul Mathur
                         ,_,
<vipul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (O,O)  http://www.vipulonline.com/
<vipul@xxxxxxxxxx>      (   ) 'The Geek shall inherit the earth.'-Linus 5:5
By all means, let's not confuse ourselves with the facts!