Re: /dev/hdc device major and minor numbers.

Hi

Have you built floppy and cdrom support as modules? Have you built floppy
and cdrom support at all? What does `cat /proc/devices' tell you?

If you built modules, make sure that the modules (ide-cd.o and floppy.o)
are loaded. If the modules are loaded and it still doesn't work try
building a new kernel with floppy and cdrom support inside the kernel.

The file /usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt is the definitive list
of device numbers. I dont think you need it right now because /dev/fd0 and
/dev/hdc probably have the right major and minor numbers on your system.

bye :)
Anmol