Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:01:31 +0530 (IST)
From: Radhakrishnan C V <cvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Sanjeev Gupta <ghane@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: TUG 2002

The TUG2000 has just concluded at Oxford, UK.

Normally, TeX conferences are planned two years ahead. TUGIndia has bid
for organising the TeX conference in 2002 in India (TUG2001 is already
decided). Though, it was accepted in principle during early 2000, two
new contenders have emerged now namely, the Eagyptian and Irish User
Groups.

The question of choosing the right country for TUG2002 is still under
active consideration of the TUG Board, but we have to provide certain
concrete statistics to substantiate our claim.

As such, I would request you to send me as much details as possible
relating to the usage of TeX, extent of usage, number of persons using
TeX (if you are in an institution) and names of institutions and
agencies known to you (just a list is enough). We can comprehensively
put forth a proposal with a rational and logical basis.

An early reply will be highly appreciated, we have only a week's time
left for it.

--
Radhakrishnan
Indian TeX Users Group