Re: fetchmail from non-default folders, and lynx-ssl

At 08:02 AM 8/9/2000 +0000, M.K.Pai wrote:
> (b) pai- thanks for the lynx with ssl tip. does potato have an option to install > lynx with ssl instead of default lynx? if not is there a deb file for lynx with ssl?

Dear AKR,

I doubt if deb would provide readymade ssl-with-lynx. There are
licensing issues with ssl. So you could get the ssl debs, install them,
then compile your lynx to work with that.

On the other hand - the he-man's way of getting the job done is
through /usr/local/.

Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US frozen/non-US main contrib non-free

then:

apt-get update
apt-get install lynx-ssl