Linux installation via net

hey Guys,
Here is the problem, I am stucked with.

While configuring 2nd Linux machine, I found that installation CD is not working (however this CD is working on other machine and other CD is working on this machine).

Now, I have few option to install Linux on this machine but don't know how to start.

Option 1- Install the linux using BOOTP/TFTP by installing 'etherboot' or 'netboot' package. (Problem - Can't get Ethernet address of new machine)

Option2 - Installation using shared CD drive on network, (I did on Solaris, I donno how to do on Linux ? again Ethernet Address will be require)

Option3 : is any method using floppy  ?? (I have boot floppy and rescue floppy of linux1 machine)

Anyone can help me to find out what to do to install Linux on machine 2, or where I am going wrong ??

Regards,
Sanjeev

Where you'll find everything under the Sun for the Sun.......www.SunGuru.com