chennailug.org:(PHP stuff) IP logging buggy?

hi all,

Can some one try and tell me what happens when you vote (pls remove your
cookies). Does it mention the reason as:
"There's already a vote from your IP address (202.144.64.4)" ?

I was denied voting (having been to the site after a long time). my
ifconfig ppp0 shows a different IP. What do you think is the problem?

if this is the case, I think the PHP variable $REMOTE_ADDR doesn't return the
actual remote IP. What's the fix?

-suraj

--
When the white man came we had the land and they had the bibles;
Now they have the land and we have the bibles.