diff between ./script and . ./script

hi,

>>>>> "kamesh" == kamesh jayachandran <kameshj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    kamesh> Hai all, When I execute a script with `./script` I get
    kamesh> "permission denied error".But when I try to execute the

That means exactly what it says - the script is not executable so do
chmod +x script to set the right perms.

    kamesh> same script `. ./script` it executes.what is the diff
    kamesh> between this two types of invocation.  Happy new year to

>From man builtins

        .  filename [arguments]
       source filename [arguments]
              Read and execute commands from filename in the cur­
              rent  shell  environment and return the exit status
              of the last command  executed  from  filename.   If

<snip>