Re: [LIG] Who is the father of Internet?

At 02:23 PM 12/26/2000 +0530, M K Saravanan wrote:
>In one of my Internet lectures, one student asked "who is the father of
>Internet".  I said "Vint. Cerf".   But he said that he was told that
>Dr.Leonard Kleinrock is the father of Internet.  When i did a google search,
>some site says "Vint Cerf" as father of Internet and some says "Leonard
>Kleinrock".  which is true?

"A great idea has many fathers" -- any number of people can claim to be one
of the "Fathers Of The Internet" including Vint Cerf, Bob Metcalfe, Dave
Farber and Jon Postel among many others.

My personal feeling is that this kind of exercise to determine the One True
Father of the net is pointless.

Udhay