Problems with eDesktop 2.4

When I try to install Caldera eDesktop 2.4, (I boot from the CD) my
Keyboard, mouse and soundcard don't get detected or if one of them does, the
other isn't. There was this one time that they were all auto detected, but
once the install proceeded near 100%, and this was after a reeeeealy long
time, the system hanged!!

Any ideas?

-Srini

P.S.
(I haven't provided detailed hardware info on purpose, I didn't want to
flood the list with it. BTW, this is a dual boot with Win98. I am
overwriting the SuSE 6.3 installation I previously had. )