Re: Woody

Pichai Asokan proclaimed:
> Anybody running woody?
>
> I - in a momeny of rashness - made my notebook a complete woody box.
> I have a problem with X. I cannot configure it:-(

I had the EXACT same problem just a few minutes ago.  In my case, on a
desktop.

> It was running fine under slink and also spider monkeys gnome extensions

ITYM potato.

> I ran anXious (xf86config and XF86Setup arenot available) and it created
> the XF86Config file; it looks alright to me. But startx bails out with a
> mssage that there are no screens. Any ideas?

Are you sure you ran anXious and not xf86cfg?  xf86cfg is the new
configuration script.  But it still bailed out with an error in my case.

Thaths

--
"Psephological-chaos theory notes that the vote of a single registered,
   bemused butterfly in Tallahassee could decide our next president"