su problem

Hi luggies...

I have been having this problem for quite a while..
i was trying all sorts but couldnt quite figure it out..

the su command is not working in my linux box..
even if i give the original passwd its not accepting..
sometimes it says that it has a broken pipe..

i tried to delete the ptmp in etc files and wtmp,utmp files in var..

does anyone knows the reason and how to fix it..

regards
Kicha