Re: Minutes from the ILUGC meet - November 25th, 2000

Hi,

>  "Guido Von Rossum" (phew... let me gasp). Python was a GNU product hence it
>  soon became "The choice of the GNU Generation"!

Python was a CNRI project. Now it is like 'taken over' by BeOpen because the core developer team moved to BeOpen. It's license is BSDish, not GPL. Stallman even recently threatened to create a new branch of Python from the 1.5.2 source tree because he did not like the license of Python 2.0, the first since the move to BeOpen. It had something to do with UCITA and Virginia state laws.

>             Moreover python has support for modules. Modules which have python  classes can be included by issuing the command import <module>. Modules
>        are imported in name spaces. A Module say X's variable say A can be
>        accessed as X.A .

And if you happen to update the module during execution of the script, there's no need to restart the script. You can just call reload()!!

Just my thoughts.

Gautam