Books online

Hi,

I'm not sure if you have come across this

http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/

but they have the following titles among others for download / browsing:

"Open Sources: Voices from the Open Source Revolution"
-- One of the best books I've ever read about the open source movement, and
more interesting than "Cathedral & the bazaar", which was itself very
interesting. It's a collection of essays on the movement.

"Learning Debian / GNU Linux"
-- A great book too...

A book on Samba, I forget the title, I cannot rate it as I haven't used
Samba.

"Docbook - the definitive reference"
-- Lives up to its name. BTW download this from the docbook site since they
have zipped versions available.

"CGI Programming on the World Wide Web- By Shishir Gundavaram "
-- Great book, need I say more. From the author of advanced Perl programming

"Web Client Programming with Perl - Automating Tasks on the Web
By Clinton Wong"
-- A little dated but interesting approach.

Unfortunately you will have to use a web roving script of some sort to get
these books since an archived version has not been made available, unless
you are a lucky devil who has 24x7 access >:0)

--
Srini <"Dreading the exams"> Ramakrishnan

P.S.
Will not be able to make it to the meet because of exams.