Re: MKS lecture ....

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, A Midhun Kumar wrote:

> Mr. MKS lecture on IP addressing will be very useful as far as the
> students here in IIT are concerned. Right now we have vacations. I feel if
> MKS can postpone his lecture to jan, that will be great. This months
> ip(internal publicity) is down as the number of students here are too low.

i don't have any problem. In that case, i can give a series of lectures on
TCP/IP Networking trying to cover the following:

* Origin of ARPANET
* Packet Switching
* TCP/IP Overview
* IP Addressing (IPv4)
* ARP/DHCP
* DNS
* Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF)
* simple network troubleshooting utilities.

all these lectures are aimed at Non-Electronics/CS students since elec.and CS
students study all these things in their regular curriculam itself.  If you
have gone through Comer/Richard Stevens TCP/IP series no need to attend these
lectures.

any suggestion are welcome.

Note: I was shocked to hear that Richard Stevens was passed away on 1st
Sep. 1999.  His famous "Unix Network Programming series - Vol.III will be
completed by Gary Wright - the co-author of TCP/IP Vol.2

-- mks --