Re: [achitnis@exocore.com: [linux@it.com] State of the Onion]

HI ALL:

Indianization of Linux - I still dont get the concept clear.

> But the rest of our exhibits, while impressive, will generate "but I can
> do this in Windows" kind of responses from visitors. Cost does not play
> role here.

This is 1 reason why we are behind.. 9 /10 people i've seen using a
non-unix OS dont pay for it. Does that mean that if software piracy laws
become strict here in India, Linux can stand up?

What we probly need is a handful of clever hacks that other OS are not
capable of...

> What we really need now is "special" stuff - stuff you cannot see
anywhere
> else. Or something that makes a major difference. Guru's library project
> is an excellent example - once people see this, it is bound to have an
> impact on our country, because it is both free and *needed*. The same
> applies to the education section.

can someone tell me what this Guru's library project is about??

Vinod...

--
Vinod

Graduate Student